Train and Place Cloud Support & DevOps Practitioner
What is a Cloud Support and DevOps practitioner?
Cloud support and DevOps practitioners are entry-level cloud engineers that perform the coding and software engineering that brings the Cloud architect’s vision to life. They merge traditional programming skills with specialised knowledge in one or more of the leading cloud platforms’ development environments to build, deploy and optimise cloud-based applications.
They generally deploy infrastructure and applications using automated tools and pipelines, manage and maintain existing cloud deployments, and troubleshoot errors across a wide array of services and functional areas. As they usually work in teams, cloud support practitioners will also need to communicate with their team and other stakeholders.
Given that technologies are constantly changing, a core responsibility of any cloud support and DevOps practitioner is continually staying up to date on the latest cloud technologies and systems.
Got a question?
Contact us through the button below with your question and we’ll be in touch soon.
Program Length12 weeks
Full-time, Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm
Next Cohort Starts
$15,000 (before subsidies and GST)
between 70% to 95% course fee funding for eligible participants
Employment after 90 days
Average income increase
Employment after 1 year
#GetReadySG Train-and-Place Programme Benefits
Personalised mentorship from a tech industry professional
Microsoft Certification Pathways
Learning pathways to attain Microsoft Learn certification in Microsoft Azure
Unlimited Access to Online Learning Platforms
Access to LinkedIn Learning, Data Camp, A Cloud Guru, or Codecademy, depending on job role
Personal Well-being Support
Well-being support from the Generation Singapore team and well-being partners
What You Will Learn
You’ll learn relevant behavioural, mindset and technical skills through a comprehensive instructor-facilitated training bootcamp that integrates real industry scenarios with hands-on projects and case studies.
After completing the programme, you will be able to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on cloud platforms
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of cloud infrastructure and systems
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for code build and deployment
We'll help you learn the technical skills with lots of hands-on, interactive sessions. By the end, you'll know:
- Introduction to the Cloud Support role
- Linux and Python Essentials
- DevOps Essentials
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- Microsoft Azure Administrator (AZ104)
- Automating Everything
Behavior & Mindsets
In every job, there are key skills that will help you be successful. We'll help you learn how to:
- Orientation to Detail
- Time Management
- Personal Responsibility
- Future Orientation
- Growth Mindset
How We Support Your Well-Being
When you become a Generation learner, you become a part of a community of like-minded individuals who have been through similar experiences as you are about to go through. In whatever stage of your journey, our #GenAlumni, #GenVolunteers, #GenPartners, and #GenStaff work together to help you succeed beyond your programme and into a meaningful and sustainable career.
Dedicated Learner Success Associates
Each cohort is assigned a Learner Success Associate (LSA) who supports each learner’s wellbeing by being a resource to learners in their career transition journey.
A Curriculum that Cares
We don’t just cover technical skills and behavioural skills and mindsets. Our curriculum will also help you learn how to build a supportive peer community, how to manage negative thoughts, and how to care for your well-being and energy.
Subsidised Counselling Support
We know that making a career transition can be stressful. So, each Generation learner has access to subsidised counselling support in partnership with Eagles Mediation & Counselling Centre.
Supporting People into Careers that Would Otherwise be Inaccessible
We accept applications from all individuals without a related educational background or prior work experience in the technology industry and we evaluate each application we receive for its own merits. To stay true to our organisation’s mission, we will be prioritising the following profiles:
- Individuals above the age of 40
- Individuals who have been unemployed for more than 3 months (Individuals who have been unemployed for more than 6 months may receive additional course fee subsidies of up to 95% upon submission of supporting documentation)
- Individuals with disabilities
- Individuals who are in need of financial assistance
Are you an individual with disabilities?
Contact us prior to submitting an application to find out how we can support you throughout your journey as a Generation learner.
SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme
The #GetReadySG Train-and-Place Programme is a SkillsFuture Career Transition Programme (SCTP) that supports mid-career individuals in acquiring industry-relevant skills to improve employability and pivot to new sectors or job roles. For more information on SCTP, please visit the SkillsFuture website.