What is a Cloud Support & DevOps Practitioner?
Cloud support and DevOps practitioners are entry-level cloud engineers that perform the coding and software engineering that brings the Cloud architect’s vision to life. They merge traditional programming skills with specialised knowledge in one or more of the leading cloud platforms’ development environments to build, deploy and optimise cloud-based applications.
They generally deploy infrastructure and applications using automated tools and pipelines, manage and maintain existing cloud deployments, and troubleshoot errors across a wide array of services and functional areas. As they usually work in teams, cloud support practitioners will also need to communicate with their team and other stakeholders.
Given that technologies are constantly changing, a core responsibility of any cloud support and DevOps practitioner is continually staying up to date on the latest cloud technologies and systems.
Company-Led Training Programme Benefits
Up to $3,500 for recent graduates
Up to $4,500 for mid-career professionals
Microsoft Certification Pathways
Learning pathways to attain Microsoft Learn certification in Microsoft Azure
Unlimited Access to Online Learning Platforms
Access to LinkedIn Learning, Data Camp, A Cloud Guru, or Codecademy, depending on job role
Professional and Personal Well-being Support
Personalised mentorship from a tech professional
Support from the Generation Singapore team and well-being partners
What You Will Learn
Trainees will learn relevant behavioral, mindset and technical skills through a 400-hour comprehensive instructor-led training that integrates real industry scenarios with hands-on projects and case studies.
After completing the programme, graduates will be able to undertake the following responsibilities:
- Design cloud infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available on cloud platforms
- Work collaboratively with software engineering to define infrastructure and deployment requirements
- Provision, configure and maintain cloud infrastructure defined as code
- Ensure configuration and compliance with configuration management tools
- Administer and troubleshoot Linux based systems
- Troubleshoot problems across a wide array of services and functional areas
- Build and maintain operational tools for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of cloud infrastructure and systems
- Create and maintain CI/CD pipelines for code build and deployment
The #GetReadySG CLT programme is open to individuals who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Commit to completing the full 9-month training programme
- Meet the hiring requirements of host companies
- Possess an ITE, Diploma, Degree or any other relevant qualifications as determined by host companies
Having an education background or work experience in the technology sector is not a requirement!